Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday 20th August Part 3

1:35am

I have stopped writing my novels & ideas - so break time.

Although a ridiculously short blog post (& not related directly to my books but definitely to my ideas) I thought it would be great to share with my readers this very interesting article on currently global developments - as I believe this could have a massive worldwide impact in the following years to come.


This article talks about the automation of skilled work and in particular of an example of a factory in The Netherlands that almost complete automates its entire process. 

It appears as though the article suggests that this particular automated factory in The Netherlands requires about one tenth the workforce required of that in their sister Chinese factory.

Very interesting indeed.

Certainly ensures that manufacturing stays within the countries that have the capital to invest in such robotics.

But at what cost? 

To the detriment of the Chinese labor force?

To the detriment of the local labor force in that country?

All in all it will probably raise global GDP by providing a lower price for goods.

Lets hope that this continues humanities evolution for the better... Only time will tell

No comments:

Post a Comment